Sunday 21 February 2016

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.

Illpreparedness -  I don't even think this is a real word, but it aptly describes my level of readiness for the second club day. The plan was to have all of my BaC Word Bearers built and ready to play... And to have everything ready to put in the car for my first game of 30k.

However, life being life I had a series of minor mishaps that meant that, a) my Word Bearers were only part built (Magnets!!), I left my dice at home, and when I arrived my stormraven in the back of the car resembled a plate of China dropped from an 8 story building. Hey ho.

Other than that this week has been pretty sweet - I was given a lesson in commission painting thanks to Dale (Dumbledore with a paintbrush and an airbrush.) I got a delightful WB contemptor covered in Colchisian script and I played my first game of 30k, thanks to Isaac lending me his army.

This week at the club has seen a surge in 30k games across the board, the first games of Mordheim have been played and we have seen our first game of Dropzone Commander, which is an exceptional little game if you want a faster tabletop battle.

Upcoming events include a swap meet, painting masterclass and the first tournament of the year!

Hopefully, I will suck less next time and I should have moved along army wise.











No comments:

Post a Comment